CRIMINAL RECORDS CERTIFICATE ISSUANCE
The Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) is providing Criminal Records Certificates (CRC) according to below procedure.
- Korean nationals living abroad
- Foreign nationals who lived in Korea in the past.
※ Korean nationals as well as foreigners who currently live in Korea can request this service through local police stations.(tel: +82-2-3150-1960~1)
2. Required Documents
- 1pc of Application
- Photo in 6 months (3×4㎝)
- Passport and 1 photo copy of the passport (if you are foreigner, bring your passport when in korea)
※ You can fill out Application in Diplomatic Offices.
1) You must come to the Embassy(60 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ)with above documents, fill out an application form.(APPLICATION FOR CRIMINAL RECORDS CERTIFICATE
※ You should write down your current address(or address you lived) in Korea
2) Completed Form MUST BE CERTIFIED by Korean Embassy personnel with a seal or stamp. Register your application with required documents.
※ CR is Sensitive information by Private Act, certifying step must be done
3) After 3 or more weeks
later you registered, ask about status of your CRC, visit Diplomatic Offices to pick up your CRC or you can request mailing service it if your residence is distant. For mailing service you need to bring a self-Addressed Envelope with stamps when you apply CRC in the embassy
※ Issuance is Only for the person registered. If you use mailing service, destination is the home address in the application
4. Phone No. of Identification Office in KNPA, Korea. : +82-2-3150-2676
To check the status of the CRC please call Korean Embassy(02072275505) or call above number. END.
※ Documents you presented to Diplomatic offices are not allowed to return.